Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Coffe Break

Someone mentioned to me recently that I need to slow and calm down. Play my cards right and hold it close to my heart because change takes time. Smell the roses he said, and enjoy what life has offered you. Absolutely I replied with a smile. He continued it’s not my fault the world is what it is today. And it’s not fair to put the world’s problem on my shoulders. Every day is a new day. The days before cannot be lived again nor is it possible to undo anything you’ve done. The future is not here yet so don’t dwell on it either. What counts is the here and now, the precious time we have at this very moment. That’s why it’s called the Present. And like a present it’s precious. Nothing is more important than the time you have. Because we will never get it back. And we don’t know how much of it each of us is given. So spend it wisely he said, because unlike anything else in the world, it’ll be gone forever.

I came to the realization of my own mortality. One’s life is but a mere chapter in other’s memories. How that chapter is remembered is up to the individual. Live life as you wanted, how you want to be remembered. Fill in those chapters with inspiration of others that you are privileged to cross path with.

Bodies fade, time lost, but memories lives on. That’s when I came to realize my immortality; living in the memories of others. I’ve long to inspire and be inspired. And that’s what this blog is basically about; for me to share my views, thoughts and stories.

My friend then continued, close your eyes, and breathes in slowly and deeply. Then breathe out with smile. Open your eyes slowly and see the possibilities.

This is my new favourite singer. His music reminds me on U2 and Cold Play who are also favourites of mine. Absolutely loved the lyrics.



No comments: