Monday, October 27, 2008

*Bell ringing* The British are coming!!!

I started replying to a comment made by bantal on JB (http://jasonbiggskills.blogspot.com) about Poisonous Western Media Propaganda. As I was typing away, I realize it got longer than intended to, so I decided to post it here.

Yes it's true, JB is indeed trying to seek attention, however his intention is to bring forward some issues that is worth pointing out, though mind you, I don't agree on all of them, but nevertheless I commend him on having the guts to bring it forward and those who is able to discuss with him.

As for the post, well the Royals certainly have the money and it’s their prerogative to do so, and it's none of my business what they do just like it's none of mine to know what Angelina is doing.

The government, on the other hand, is a different matter. Not to stir things up but it's definitely our business what they are doing and how the conduct themselves. Because the policies they make affects us all. Though I do believe they do it with good intention but accountability should also be adhered to. There are government officers in the past both high ranking and low level that have been reprimand and even taken to court for their misbehavior, so kudos to HM for that.

As for media censorship, everywhere around the world has some sort of media censorship in one way or another. Propaganda is used to manipulate people to believe it something that is not entirely true. Just because everyone does it, doesn’t make it alright though. The way I see it, Brunei is trying to keep its appearance of stability in order to attract more investors, face it, even though with all our complaints, and it is actually just complaints about this and that, Brunei is a stable country environmentally, financially and politically. It’s hidden secret if you will. Hopefully, we do get a lot more investors so the economy can pick up, jobs are created and we can preserve our way of living. However I must stress, some mindset and demeanor have to be change drastically and continuing living the way we live is definitely not sustainable nor is it productive. I just contradict myself there but you know what I mean.

“More investors also mean more foreigners bringing with them their culture” So what, you’re afraid? What culture haven’t we seen or experience; Japanese? Koreans? American? Nigerian? the British? They here already dumbass. Here’s a chance to show them our beautiful culture and bring it to their homeland.

No comments: