Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wait, What? Mac was lying?



Microsoft recently released this ad in response to the Mac ads which has run for years now. Those ads depict windows users as nerdy, unhip, overweight, brown suits wearing losers. Well now “PC” is fighting back. I still question the used to Seinfeld though. Funny as he is, didn’t much for American Express now did he? Even with or without superman.

Anyhoo, since MS release Vista, many users have been complaining about the lack of hardware compatibility, and don’t get me started with the bugs. Vista shouldn’t really be the final release, instead I think it was beta release and somehow con over a 100 million users to pay to be their beta testers. However I am excited to see the new Window 7 next year. Hope it's better then vista.

Oh and about Macs, there may not be a lot of virus on them, but they are certainly the easiest to hack into. For the second year running, in a competition to compromise systems, Macs has been the first to get hacked (Seriously 2mins was all it took) then Vista. Linux was the only one to remain standing.

Speaking of which, I’m Linux user, Slackware to be exact. I started off using Ubuntu. It provided a nice and easy migration from windows. Then I moved to a much more complicated distro, Fedora 8. After getting bored with it, I then switch to Slackware which is where I’m at. I like this distro, quite customizable. My hope is to eventually move to Gentoo. Now that’s a challenge. Don’t get me wrong I’m not exclusively a linux user, I also have 3 other partition in my hard drive; FreeBSD, Solaris10 and yes also XP, for that occasional urge to play solitaire. Haha…

All bashing aside, I don’t see why users argue over which is the superior OS. You can pretty much do the same thing in all of them. “But it’s better to do graphics in Macs”. Maybe but you still can do it in PCs and Linux. Just because you can drive fast in a Ferrari doesn’t mean you should get one. You can still do it with other cars. They all have their strength and weaknesses. Point is if you’re comfortable with PCs then by all means use it. If you like Macs, stick with that. I personally prefer Linux and there’s nothing wrong with that as well.

“hi, I’m a PC”… “and I’m a Mac” … “and I’m Linux”… “Well, I’m BSD”… “woah what?, aren’t you all Unix underneath anyway”… “Nope! not PCs, it’s OS2warp”… “Well wop the fucking doodle doo”…

No comments: